Happy new year! I can’t believe it 2016 already! It’s so scary how fast time passes!
Now every year I set New Years resolutions and every year I fail almost immediately. In all honesty this year isn’t going any better so far… BUT I mean it’s still January right!? It’s not too late to try again!
So these are my New Years resolutions for 2016:
1) To get fitter and eat healthier: Now this is the very typical one that everybody loves to set as a goal. It’s probably been a resolution of mine for the last four years and it’s also failed for the last four years. I need to find a way to make it work because I just want to be healthier overall and feel nor comfortable in my body.
2) To be confident: This is one I really struggle with. I am very shy and self conscious, which unfortunately comes in hand with a huge lack of confidence. I need to stop caring what people think though and just have more confidence to enable myself to do so many more things.
3) Get organized: My room is a mess. I am such a procrastinator. I have my IGCSEs in May. These three are not the best combination. It’s time to get rid of distractions and organize my time as well as my space because as they say: “a tidy room is a tidy mind.”
4) READ: I do not read enough even though I absolutely love it! Less phone and more books is a rule I will be trying to follow this year.
5) Meet new people: Like I said, I am a shy person, making it harder to meet new people and make new friends. This year I’m going to try my best to exit my comfort zone and hopefully meet some new people!
6) Put 100% into everything: I often find myself doing things half heartedly because I think they’re a waste of time. Truth is you can think what you want about some things; you’re going to have to do them anyway. Take homework for example. You may not want to do it but if you don’t even put all your effort into it why do it at all? You don’t actually have a choice so you might as well do your best. You’ll also be more proud of your tasks and projects if you put in 100%! You can do it. And I believe I can do it and achieve the best grades I can get in my IGCSEs by working incredibly hard!
What are your New Years resolutions?